Join the Friends of Hawaii Charities email list to receive tournament and charity updates!
You are here
`A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pan`i - No kind deed has ever lacked its reward. An opportunity to help another is a gift.
Each year the Sony Open in Hawaii is a success thanks to the tremendous contributions from thousands of volunteers. Volunteers are the "heartbeat" of our organization, contributing countless hours to Friends of Hawaii Charities in promoting golf for the benefit of local charity. The Sony Open's 1,700 volunteers support the tournament in several key areas:
- Gallery Control: Responsible for crowd management, gallery noise control, and player movement. Must volunteer a minimum of three days during tournament week.
- Caddie Services: Carrying golf bags 18 holes for amateurs (Sunday, Monday and Wednesday during tournament week).
- Standard Bearer: Each Standard Bearer must be able to carry the standard (approximately 5-6 pounds) and walk the length of the course. The standard displays the pros score in relation to par on a cumulative basis.
- Pro Transportation: Transporting players and their families to and from the golf course and hotels.
- Parking: Parking cars for tournament officials and the general public.
- Admissions: Greet and check spectators for proper credentials, sell tickets, provide general and directional information to the public, and serve as a lost and found drop off area.
- Shotlink: Operate stationary tripod lasers at locations on the course to provide statistical information. The lasers are stationed greenside and at designated landing areas. The ShotLink System collects and disseminates scoring and statistical data on every shot, real-time, during every match via the use of handheld palm pilots. The gathered information is used immediately by television, PGATOUR.COM, and the TOUR Links player laptop program.
- Volunteer Pool: Volunteer in different areas each day by reporting daily to the Volunteer Pool headquarters and the committee chairman will assign you to those areas that need help.
Meet our 2014 Sony Open in Hawaii Volunteer Committee Leaders:
|Lynette Adams||Keiki Care|
|James Ahloy||Division Head - Sponsor Relations|
|Randy Aina||Friends Club|
|Michele Akahane||First Aid / Medical|
|Elroy Chong||Tee Control|
|Trish Lawson||Walking Scorers|
|Jim Femia||Tournament Sponsor Support|
|Jim Flynn||Gallery Control|
|Bradley Goheen||Caddie Master|
|Luke Hamada||Pro-Am and Dream Cup|
|Kel Hirohata||Spectator Village|
|Ed Irvine||Pro ID|
|Norm James||Military Support|
|Sharon James||Photo ID|
|Wayne Kishida||Pro Airport Transportation|
|James Kometani||Tournament Vice Chair - Pro Relations and Sponsor Relations|
|Beth La Goy||ShotLink|
|Wedge Lee||Division Head - Pro Relations|
|Tom Brehm||Division Head - Operations Group 1|
|Ian MacLean||Ropes and Stakes|
|Chuck McCauley||Division Head - Operations Group 2|
|Carl Nowack||Volunteer Golf Tournament|
|Stephanie Quinn||Pro Transportation Co-Chair|
|Cleighton Fong||Pro Transportation Co-Chair|
|Sanj Sappal||Sponsor Value Program|
|Dean Scheid||Tournament Vice Chair - Operations|
|Jan Singletary||Gallery Control Vice Chair|
|Brian Takara||Tournament Information|
|June Takekawa||Pro Hospitality|
|Bob Tsumura||Operations Support|
|Jim Yuki||Volunteer Pool|
|MaryAnne Long||Volunteer Coordinator|
|Allan Lum||Waialae Country Club General Manager|
|Kevin Carll||Golf Course and Pro Shop Liaison|
Join our Email List